Sunday, October 19, 2008

The first of many


Hello and welcome to our bran spankin' new blog. I guess for this first one we might as well say hi and that we have passed two months of being married and it has been absolutely awesome! Laura just got back from The Ohio State University School of Dentistry where she had an awesome interview. When she looked at her email here she found out that UNC invited her to an interview, that makes 8 in all. She is doing great. She lost her voice and was a little squeeky this weekend, but its ok, I enjoyed it. I am keeping busy trying to pass the Property and Casualty insurance test for Utah. I am determined to pass it in 2 weeks so I can get going in the insurance business. My pinky remains broken, I think, my only doctor has been Wal-Mart, and we bought a little finger splint. This week we get to go to Vegas for free, and we are staying at the Circus Circus, so we'll have some pictures of that. Anyway Laura is looking forward to getting a bunch of dental school interviews done and will be finished with them before we go to my house for Thanksgiving, which should also be awesome. Then she will find out where she has been accepted on December 1st, so we are excited for that news! As most everyone knows Laura is keeping busy with her classes, mentoring, and being Presidenta of ASDA (Aspiring Student Dental Association) at SUU. I do what I can with my classes, work, and rugby. I have a game Saturday down in St. George; I don't really know what to expect, but I know I will get to hit some people and I expect I will get hit as well. That's half the fun (hehe). So that's it for Blog 1, I hope we can keep up with this weekly, but who knows, sometimes we get pretty busy with everything, but if there is news, we'll let you know. Until next time, que les vaya bien!

3 comments:

Harmon Clan said...

Congratuations to Laura. I know she is excited to go on her interviews especially to UNC where she will stay with Charles and Dianna and baby Clara! We are all a little jealous.
Shawn - make sure you wear your mouth guard and be careful! Good luck with your test.

Butterfield Family said...

hi from lindsay

GreenPhoenix said...

Blogging is fun--welcome to the bloggosphere!