Friday, May 15, 2009

As most of you know, I spent a few days this week up in Logan to do some training and learn from a friend of mine, Cris Guymon. It was a very good couple of days, but talking about insurance training and meetings is not the most fascinating thing to put into a blog. so for all of you who decide to read this thing, I tried to make my trip home on Thursday a little bit more interesting.

I left in the morning, and the first thing that I decided to do was go to the Logan temple and take a couple of pictures because I had never seen the place in person. I didn't go in or spend much time there because I needed to be on the road heading home. Anyway, I got there and took some pictures from the parking lot, and here is one of them that turned out pretty nice.
After leaving the Logan temple I drove for about an hour, with my music and a nice cloudy sky to a small place in Roy. Laura and I were watching a show on Food Network one day that showcased a place called "The Burger Bar." So when I got there it was about 10:30 in the morning and I was not even close to hungry enough to eat a big old burger. So I got some onion rings and a snickers shake. The show said that the onion rings were great and awesome, I've had better. The shake was ok, but I could have gotten the same thing pretty much anywhere else. Here is a picture of the sign, the place has been around since like 1956, and it was cool to eat there, just not as exciting as I thought it would be.
After leaving the Burger Bar I headed south and was going to stop by my friend's house, but I couldn't find it, despite my directions and google maps, so that was a little bit of a waste of gas and time. I had also expected to stop at Danny J's apartment to play some guitar hero, but he had to be in class, so I just kept on driving. Something that I did see, which was awesome, was the National Guard tribute bike built by Orange County Choppers. There is a show called American Chopper and it shows a business that builds extravagant thematic motorcycles and I finally got to see one in person, at 75 miles per hour. I did manage to get a shot of it, because it was awesome!
After passing this by, I decided to take a couple of pictures of big signs, for cities that mean absolutely nothing and that nobody cares about. I took two pictures, one of a sign for Scipio, and the other the sign for Beaver.
If all that excitement weren't enough I saw a pretty big dirt devil and took some pictures of that, one of which I will put in here.


That is last of my pictures, I also counted 9 dead animals on the side of the road. I know that is a little gruesome but oh well, it kept me busy while driving forever through nothing. to tell the truth, I saw 11 dead animals, but 2 of them were so rotted and gutted that I decided not to count them because they looked like smudges, not animals. Well I hope you all enjoyed the ride home from Logan with me, it was so exciting that I just can't wait to do it again someday!

3 comments:

GreenPhoenix said...

Shawn, you are the master of taking pictures while driving--unbelievable quality for such speeds! Glad you had a fun time in Logan.

Somers said...

I personally am very impressed by that chopper picture. Very cool. I'm glad you had such an EXCITING road trip!

Harmon Clan said...

You and Laura are going to have a blast with sightseeing on your way back to Ohio. There will be so many awesome sight that you will have a hard time missing Beaver and Scipio:)