Saturday, September 18, 2010

Trip to Florida

We recently returned from our vacation where we spent 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale, 2 nights on a cruise to Grand Bahamas island, and 2 nights in Orlando.
This is us at the pier on Singer Island.

Our room on the cruise ship had two twin beds when we walked in, but we scooted them together to make a queen size bed.
This is Shawn waiting to go get our massages. By-the-way, the Hunger Games books are really good.
The excursion we signed up for on the cruise was snorkeling and a day at the resort.
We got to take a boat to the reef where we snorkeled off the back of the boat. I wanted to take a picture of Shawn with the mask and flippers on, but he wouldn't let me.




When we got done with snorkeling, I was freezing, so I put on my jeans, but I couldn't find my shirt when we saw this sign of Freeport Harbor. It says Grand Bahama Island behind us.


We went to Arabian Nights, where they feed you dinner while you watch a show where acrobats do crazy things on the back of horses.
Shawn managed to get this awesome video of a really cool trick!




While we were in Orlando, our friends, the Hayslips, just happened to be there at the same time as us. We met up and went to Cocoa Beach together. They took this picture of us. I don't know how we failed to get a picture of both of the couples together!

After having a blast playing in the waves all morning, we went to the pier and watched people surf while we ate lunch.


We saw a bunch of stingrays in the water off the pier. This is the only picture that kind of turned out okay. They were really cool though.




We went to Sea World our last day in Orlando. This picture was taken in front of the Manta, a really cool roller coaster that we were really looking forward to going on, but it just happened to be closed for Maintenance for the week. We were bummed, but we made up for it by going on the Kraken 3 times! It was a blast.


These penguins were pretty awesome.

If you can't tell, these are flamingos behind me.

We saw Shamu. Gotta love Shamu!!!




This is the Sea World car.

We saw a bunch of cool fish!



This is me in the tunnel under the Sharks exhibit. You can't see the water that surrounds me.
Now you can see the water around me...

This little dolphin in the Dolphin Nursery was playing peek-a-boo with us. It would come up and see us, then go under the water behind the wall, then come up and see us again.
We had a blast on our vacation!
P.S. Don't worry, we didn't buy the time share they presented to us in order to get this sweet vacation.

5 comments:

Harmon Clan said...

Wow! What a wonderful trip. I am so happy that you had a "sweet" vacation together. A chance of a lifetime:)

GreenPhoenix said...

Gotta love free vacations on people trying to sell you stuff! Glad y'all had a fun time and took lots of cool pictures. Could you add my email address to the list that gets notified when you post? Thanks!

Laura and Shawn said...

Sorry Jacob, I thought I had your email address listed, but come to find out, I had forgotten to add the 27 to it. You should be notified from now on. It might be a while until we post again, though because you don't want to hear about school and work...

GreenPhoenix said...

Come On! School and work are so fun, though!

Somers said...

hey Laura, what a fun vacation. I bet you needed it, as hard as you both have been working! Miss you.